What Is the L-1 Visa?

New York City Immigration & Visa Lawyer

When looking to visit America from a foreign country, it is important that one remembers that there are specific immigration laws that must be abided by. When just visiting, however, it is not necessary that one looks into applying for a green card as they will not be looking to live permanently. Instead, this will be the perfect time to look into a nonimmigrant visas.

These provide legal protection for visitors to enter into the country, the timeline and privileges depending on their status and the purpose of their visit. For those who are looking to work and transfer to an American office from one in their home country, the best suited visa is known as the L-1 visa. If you would like to learn more, it is in your best interests to consult with a New York City immigration attorney as soon as you can.

We represent individuals throughout Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx, Manhattan, Rockland County and Westchester County.

Explanation of the L-1 Nonimmigrant Visa

As a nonimmigrant visa, the L-1 is considered to be best suited for those who are transferring offices within their company. This is a visa that is typically sought out by employees of international companies who are looking to transfer from foreign states into domestic offices within the United States. Similarly, it is also sought out by companies who are looking to open up American branches and require employees to help open up the new offices.

While individuals can apply for this visa, it is often sought out by entire companies who are looking for a blanket visa - companies who have over 1,000 employees, who have obtained this type of visa for ten employees within the last year and those that have combined annual sales of a minimum of $25 million are considered eligible to apply. The period of this stay for someone who is looking to establish a new American office is for a maximum of one year, for every other person who is granted an L-1 visa, the timeframe will be for a maximum of three years.

Seeking an L-1 Visa in Queens? Call our firm today!

If you find that you are in a situation where you are interested in applying for a L-1 visa, no matter whether you are an individual looking to transfer to a pre-existing office in America or if you're a company looking to get a blanket visa for multiple employees, you can rest assured knowing that Musa-Obregon Law PC will be there to look out for your best interests. By working with a New York City immigration lawyer from their firm, you will be able to rest assured knowing that you will have supportive guidance throughout the entire application process.

So don't waste another moment - give the firm a call today to discuss your case and the ways in which they can help you.

  • Avvo Clients' Choice 2013 - Immigration
  • American Immigration Lawyers Association
  • State Attorney Judicial Court NY
  • Avvo Superb
  • Avvo Superb

We speak many languages!

Musa-Obregon Law PC is committed to helping clients from every background. To best serve our clients, we offer legal counsel in the following languages:

  • English
  • Español
  • Po Polsku
  • Arabic
  • Portugues
  • English
  • Español
  • Po Polsku
  • Arabic
  • Portugues
  • Tagalog
  • Ukranian
  • Czech
  • Slovenian
  • Urdu
  • Punjabi
  • Hindi
  • Bengali
  • Farsi

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Our Locations:

  • Queens:

    2nd Floor,
    55-21 69th St
    Maspeth, NY 11378
    (718) 803-1000
  • New York City:

    757 Third Avenue,
    20th Floor
    New York, NY 10017
    (646) 363-6891
  • White Plains:

    199 Main Street,
    Suite 301
    White Plains, NY 10601
    (914) 721-0865