EB-4 Special Immigrant Visas

Do you need an NY immigration attorney to help you petition for an EB-4 visa?

An EB-4 visa is a type of employment based visa available to fourth preference foreign workers. This category of employment based visa is for certain special immigrants who fall into one of ten possible categories. If you need attorney representation to petition for this type of visa, please get in touch with a New York City immigration lawyer from our firm. Musa-Obregon Law PC is passionate about helping foreign workers reach their U.S. employment goals.

We represent individuals throughout Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx, Manhattan, Rockland County and Westchester County.

According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, you must meet the qualifications of one of the following types of workers:

  • Religious Worker
  • News or Radio Broadcaster
  • Translator (Iraqi or Afghan)
  • Iraqi citizen assisting the U.S.
  • International Organization Employees
  • Physicians
  • Members of the Armed Forces
  • Employees Working in the Panama Canal Zone
  • NATO-6 Retirees
  • Children or Widows/Widowers of NATO-6 Workers

If you are unsure if you fit into any of the occupation categories listed above, then get in touch with our firm. We will discuss your case with you and help you find the visa option that best suits your needs.

Who qualifies as a religious worker?

According to the USCIS, a religious worker does not have to be a minister. Anyone in a religious occupation may immigrate to the United States for the purpose of performing religious work. The work must qualify as full-time and meet the criteria for a permanent, compensated position. Religious workers will not qualify for the EB-4 visa if their position is part-time or performed on a volunteer basis. In a recent development for non-minister religious workers, President Obama signed Public Law 112-176. This law extends a program that was previously in place which allows non-minister immigrant religious workers to apply for visas through September 30, 2015. To learn more, view the eligibility criteria here.

How to Petition for a Fourth Preference Employment Visa

The first step to obtaining an EB-4 visa is to have your employer fill out an I-360 form. This presumes that you have obtained a job offer from a U.S. employer. This form is titled the "Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant." Your future employer must fill out this form and file it with the USCIS. Our New York City immigration law firm also offers our services to employers who need assistance filling out and filing the Form I-360. Some workers who fall into the fourth preference category may be able to petition for themselves.

If you are a dependent child or spouse of an employee who possesses an employment based 4 (EB-4) visa, then you may be able to petition for a visa by this route. Each person petitioning for a visa based on their qualification as a spouse or child of a visa holder must fill out a separate form. It is important to note that family members of employment visa holders may not be able to work while they are residing in the United States. For more information on the guidelines and restrictions of family visas, please contact our firm.

Contact a Queens Employment Immigration Lawyer

For legal assistance petitioning for the EB-4, fourth preference visa for the special immigrant visa category, please contact a New York City employment immigration attorney at Musa-Obregon Law PC today. Our firm has 100 years of collective experience fighting for the rights of non-residents, and helping them obtain their employment goals in the United States. Lead Queens and NYC immigration attorney, Michael Musa-Obregon, is an immigrant to the U.S., and handles these cases from a place of personal understanding.

To learn more, please call us at our NY immigration firm today! We help clients in The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan and all throughout New York.

  • Avvo Clients' Choice 2013 - Immigration
  • American Immigration Lawyers Association
  • State Attorney Judicial Court NY
  • Avvo Superb
  • Avvo Superb

We speak many languages!

Musa-Obregon Law PC is committed to helping clients from every background. To best serve our clients, we offer legal counsel in the following languages:

  • English
  • Español
  • Po Polsku
  • Arabic
  • Portugues
  • English
  • Español
  • Po Polsku
  • Arabic
  • Portugues
  • Tagalog
  • Ukranian
  • Czech
  • Slovenian
  • Urdu
  • Punjabi
  • Hindi
  • Bengali
  • Farsi

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Our Locations:

  • Queens:

    2nd Floor,
    55-21 69th St
    Maspeth, NY 11378
    (718) 803-1000
  • New York City:

    757 Third Avenue,
    20th Floor
    New York, NY 10017
    (646) 363-6891
  • White Plains:

    199 Main Street,
    Suite 301
    White Plains, NY 10601
    (914) 721-0865